The Word: Galatians 2: 20(KJV)
20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
Think about it
MY IDENTITY IN CHRIST
With the new birth and water baptism, You and I receive a new identity in Christ. Who I am is how God now sees me. This is regardless of my past, my experience, my failures etc. What the word says I am is who I am. There are over 150 scriptures in the word that talks about: in him, in whom, through whom, in Christ, of him….
All these scriptures talks of my new identity. If God says I am a lion. It is important that I see myself as God sees me because the power is released at the point I start seeing myself as God sees me. My reality changes, when I start to see myself the way God sees. The way it works is that God’s word reveals the way he sees me. After assimilating God’s word, I start to see my self as God sees me. Because I see me as he sees me, I start changing into that image of who he says I am.
So who am I in Christ?
1. I am a new creature – 2 Corinthians 5: 17
2. I am born of God – 1 John 5: 4
3. I have been adopted into God’s family
4. I have been redeemed by his blood – Ephesians 1: 7
5. I am forgiven – Ephesians 1: 7
6. I have been accepted in the beloved – Ephesians 1: 6
7. Christ now lives in me – Galatians 2: 20
8. I am free from condemnation – Romans 8: 1
9. I am free from the law of sin and death – Romans 8: 2
10. I have been justified – Romans 5: 1
11. I have received abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness – Romans 5: 17
12. I am complete in him – Colossians 2: 10
13. I am an heir and joint heir – Romans 8: 17
14. I am chosen and elected – Ephesians 1:4, 1 Peter 1: 2
15. I am a royal priesthood – 1 Peter 2: 9
16. I am greatly loved of God – John 3: 16, Ephesians 2: 4
I have a new identity in Christ Jesus
Our memory verse for February 2018
John 3: 3
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Let’s take a few moment to learn our memory verse for this month by heart. It can be memorised in 2 lines:
Line 1: Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
Line 2: Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Once you say it a few times it will stick.
Prayer focus: Our prayers for the next level project:
Let’s just bask in his presence, praying in tongues…..
Masterlife Workbook: The Church is embarking on weeks of discipleship workbook study: Masterlife now on the 2nd workbook: The Disciple’s personality