The Word: Isaiah 11: 1- 2(KJV)
1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, 12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
Think about it
SEVEN DIMENSION OF THE OUTWARD PRESENCE
We talked about the outward and inward presence yesterday. We have been talking about new birth, water baptism, Holy Spirit baptism….. At the end of the this month we will be looking to undertake water baptism for as many who are not water baptised. We said the Holy Spirit is mainly the mystery of the new birth because at new birth, the Holy Spirit is no longer outside, instead he comes to live inside you and me. We also said there is a dimension of the outward presence where he comes to rest upon us. This is what we call the anointing. God wants to anoint me. God wants to anoint you. In scriptural study, there is what we call the seven dimension of the Holy Spirit. It is also the seven dimension of the anointing. In Revelations 1: 10-13 John the beloved saw a revelation of Jesus walking in the midst of seven golden candlesticks. Those seven golden sticks are representative of the dimension of the outpouring or anointing that God wants to put on you and me. Let’s look at our text again:
2 And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;
– The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him – God wants to anoint us with the Holy Spirit himself. Just like Acts 1: 8 and Acts 10: 38. God anointed Jesus with the Holy Spirit in his entirety so he is able to manifest every facet or any power or gifts of the Holy Spirit
– The Spirit of wisdom – God wants to anoint you with Divine wisdom. Ability to Divinely by the power of the Holy Spirit be able to trouble shoot and proffer answers to problems
– The Spirit of understanding – God wants to anoint you with an unusual quickening ability to grasp things or understand a situation and see more than is obvious. This is not being paranoid. Just being able to by the power of the Holy Spirit, connect the T’s and dot the I’s
– The Spirit of Counsel – People have problems and come to you. You pause, think, give advice and those advice are spot on, inspired by the Holy Spirit
– The Spirit of might – This talks of power. The miraculous. Ability to enforce deliverance and punish satan through the raw power of God. Ability to enforce healing and crush every demonic agenda. This is the dimension of raw power, being able to enforce Divine instructions and authority physically and punish every demonic disobedience
– The Spirit of Knowledge – This is the revelation dimension of the Holy Spirit. Deep things are revealed to you in dreams, visions, word of knowledge, intuition etc
– The Spirit of the fear of the Lord – A God given ability that helps keep you grounded, so you don’t become proud and think you are the owner of the anointing. Instead you become humble and realise you are only a vessel. This is needed so we don’t destroy ourselves through the anointing
These are the seven dimension of the anointing that God wants to rub or smear you with. Are you ready for these?
How can we cultivate or build both the inward and outward presence at thesame time?
– Be a worshipper. The Holy Spirit cannot resist an atmosphere of worship. That is where he loves to be. The father loves worshippers (John 4: 23 -24)
– Pray in the Holy Ghost alot. (When praying in tongues becomes a lifestyle, something you do for hours. After a while you break through a level spiritually, your life changes. Revelation, power, grace becomes your experience
I want to be anointed with the seven dimension…..
Our memory verse for February 2018
John 3: 3
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Let’s take a few moment to learn our memory verse for this month by heart. It can be memorised in 2 lines:
Line 1: Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
Line 2: Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Once you say it a few times it will stick.
Prayer focus: Our prayers for the next level project:
Let’s just bask in his presence, praying in tongues…..
Masterlife Workbook: The Church is embarking on weeks of discipleship workbook study: Masterlife now on the 2nd workbook: The Disciple’s personality