Psalm 24: 7 – 8
The Word: Psalm 24: 7 – 8 (KJV)
7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. 8 Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.
Psalm 24: 9 – 10 (KJV)
9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. 10 Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory.
Think about it
LORD OF HOST
We sometimes face situations that are not planned, they may prove formidable, seemingly impossible. It may even seem like God has forgotten about us or there is no help for us. In our text today: the huge spiritual gates (that represented obstacles) were defiant they were even asking who is this God? But the reply was the God who is mighty The God who is mighty in battle. When God is on your side the battle is already won. We’ll lift up our voices today asking for the Lord of Host to get involved in our battles and bringing it to an end
DAY 10: THE LORD OF HOST. Psalm 24:7-10
• Father thank you for another day of fasting and prayer
• Father thank you for you are the Lord of all the Hosts waging war against my life
• O Lord of host open the flood gates of heaven and let your blessings fall
• All everlasting doors blocking me from attaining my place of destiny, be lifted up in Jesus name
• Every war I have been fighting all the while, End come to you today in the name of Jesus
• Lord please let me not see hindrances again in life
• Father every gate in my heart not allowing the power of God to be revealed through my life be lifted in Jesus name
• Every gate that is not allowing the power of God revealed in my family be lifted up now
The book recommended for prayer and fasting – Marilyn Hickey (is very, very good. You can see synopsis / pages on Amazon. Not expensive. Brief and direct and gives you biblical reasons to fast and pray, the benefits, the health implications, different kinds of fasting and how you can develop a consistent fasting life. Hugely recommended for everyone)
Prayer focus: Let every spiritual battle cease in the name of Jesus
On Prayer: The power of prayer and fasting – 21 days that can change your life – Marilyn Hickey
Masterlife Workbook: The Church is embarking on weeks of discipleship workbook study starting with the Masterlife: Disciple’s cross.