CHURCH ADMINISTRATOR – JOB RESPONSIBILITY.
Below are some of the Job responsibility of a church administrator:
– Keep church members database : Names, contact address and telephone nos
– Records of attendance from ushers
– Details of lease agreement / rent for building
– Other legal agreements, HSE regulations, Government / Council laws and regulations
– Invitations, formal letters
– Disciplinary records of workers with HOD
– Birthdays of members and reminder to leadership.
– Look after welfare of members
– Programs and calendars for the year
– Indemnity insurance, building and content insurance
– Oversee and monitor the development of every department (monthly reports)
– Work with minister in charge on punctuality among members by helping to coordinate workers punctuality register, workers absence and records of appropriate discipline when required.
– Manage transport: MOT, Insurance, service/repair etc for church bus
– Requisitions, Invoices, Issuing cheques. Money counting after service. Payment of donations to banks. Follow up on declined payments / cards, Tithe and offering records, Gift aid. Central office WEM and COF contributions. Purchase payment process and refunds. Records of receipts.
SANCTUARY KEEPERS DEPT
– Manage Sanctuary keepers to ensure a tidy place and environment for worship. Process the purchase of cleaning equipment and air fresheners. Contract out the cleaning of the exterior if need be. Organise cleaning of rug /carpet periodically.
– Oversee maintenance and change of décor, altar drapes, curtain rails and plants. Oversee that rubbish is taken out every Wednesday night.
– Manage and work alongside the technical team comprising: Sound desk team, Recording team. Graphics team. Update church website, facebook, social media, you tube etc
– Work with minister in charge or Pastor on newsletter or daily word.
– Daily text / whattsap on the word for the day.
HOSPITALITY / WELFARE / PROTOCOOL DEPT / FOLLOW UP
– Process invoice for food and snacks for service, special events, guest ministers, new comers, students etc.
– Calling and checking up on visitors during the week
– Advise Ministers & Pastor of any relevant important information in regards to welfare of members