The Word: Isaiah 43: 18(KJV)
 Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.
Dig Deeper: Isaiah 43: 19 (KJV)
 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
Think about it
Welcome to 2019.
Our Year of NEW THINGS. Thank God for crossover into the new year. God has great plans for us in 2019. Those plans will be fulfilled IJN.
2018 was all about NEXT LEVEL. At the time we had a 4 point prophetic word that:
1. It was alright to take a step back first before jumping forward.
2. Restructuring is required for NEXT LEVEL
3. God will do NEW THINGS
4. God will wipe away ALL TEARS. 2019, therefore, is not a detachment from 2018 but a new phase and fulfillment of what God had already promised. It’s important that God is ready for New things for his children this Year: New Spiritual Level, New Jobs, New careers, New relationships, New marriages, New careers, New finances… Not one new thing but several new things…Revelations 21: 1, 4 – 6
1. And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
– God loves new things.
Old things sometimes become stale. So God loves to do new things all the time. There are 24hrs in 1day and you have another day. There is 7days in 1week and then you have another week. You have 30 – 31days in an average month and then you have another month. You have 12 months in 1 year and you have another year. So God loves doing new things. The scriptures says: He is the alpha and Omega, He is the start and the end. He is the beginning and the ending. For every beginning, there is usually an end and after an end, there is usually another beginning. New beginning usually springs out of the ashes of the old. Our Text for 2019:
Isaiah 43: 18-19:
– Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old: (Don’t Contemplate too much, Don’t meditate on, Don’t focus on, Don’t analyse deeply, don’t be fixated on)– Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? (The word behold means: Watch, focus intently, Pay undivided attention)So God wants us to focus on the new things he is doing….. It is possible to miss the good things that God is doing. So to the question: How can someone miss the good things that God is doing? 1. Preoccupation with the past.
We find several examples of this in the scriptures: 1 Samuel 16: 1. God was already done with Saul as King. But Samuel was still busy grieving for Saul. We need to recognize when God is moving on. There are times the dynamics in a relationship is ended. The best thing is to move on. We must recognize this and move on. A young man believes God is leading him to marry a lady. The lady says no. This goes on for about 5years. The lady is now happily married to someone else but the man is still waiting. Our ability to accept what is ended case at the right time will help us heal and move on the new things God has in store. David and Bathsheba had a child together. Because the child was born out of adultery, God allows the child to be stricken with sickness. David did a lot of prayers but the child was not healed. The moment the child died, David quickly arose, had a shower and had his food. 2 Samuel 12: 15 – 17. We must learn to be able to move on when its time to move on. Hagar was sent packing by Abraham. The moment Sarah had Isaac, she wasn’t going to allow another child from another woman in the house, Abraham was deeply upset about what he considers very unfair. But God sided with Sarah. The promised seed was going to be through Isaac. While Hagar was in the desert, there was no water, She was crying, the little boy Ishmael was also crying but God heard the cry of the boy rather than the cry of Hagar. In other words, high emotions may not necessarily move God. Covenants moves him because he is committed to covenants. Ishmael was a child of Abraham, therefore a child of covenants. God therefore opened the eyes of Hagar to see a well of water. As long as Hagar was crying, she couldn’t see the new thing that God was doing. The moment she stopped crying, she was now positioned to see and to hear. (Genesis 21: 17) As long as we are over-attached to the past, we won’t be able to see the future. The positives and negatives of the past can serve to deter the future. The positives of the past can make us become passive and think we have overachieved, the negative of the past can discourage us. Paul said one thing I do: I forget the past and move forward. (Philippians 3: 13). Therefore to start a new thing, we must let go of the victories and losses of the past and move on.
2019 is the start of New things again…..Our memory verse for January 2019
Isaiah 43: 19
19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
Let’s take a few moments to learn our memory verse for this month by heart. It can be memorized in 3 lines:
Line 1: Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth;
Line 2: shall ye not know it?
Line 3: I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
Once you say it a few times it will stick.
Thank him for the new things he has in store for you…