The Word: Romans 5: 6 – 7(KJV)
6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
Dig Deeper: Romans 5: 8 – 9(KJV)
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Think about it
A MESSAGE OF GRACE
Our focus this month is God’s word. So we go back into methods of studying the word. How to effectively study the word and retain it. How to meditate and get 100% out of the word.
– All things were made through the word
John 1: 1 – 5
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
– All things are sustained by the word
Hebrews 1: 3
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power,
– That word then became flesh
John 1: 14
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
– That word is the source of Grace
John 1: 16
16 And of his fullness have all we received, and grace for grace.
In this Easter, we celebrate the word that became flesh. He brought a word from the father. That word brought atleast 9 messages to you and me:
– It was a message of love that God was not upset with man – John 3: 16
– It was a message of sacrifice – Romans 5: 7 – 9
– It was a message of redemption – Ephesians 1: 7, Colossians 1: 14
– It was a message of reconciliation – 2 Corinthians 5: 18 – 19
– It was a message of peace – Romans 5: 1
– It was a message of hope – Romans 5: 5, Ephesians 4: 4, Colossians 1: 27, Titus 2: 13, 1 Peter 1: 13
– It was a message of salvation – Romans 1:16, Titus 2: 11
– It was a message of resurrection – Romans 6: 5, Philippians 3: 10
– It was a message of grace – Titus 3: 7, Ephesians 2: 8, Hebrews 4: 16
Easter is a time to remember the message brought by the word. It is a message of grace
Our memory verse for April 2018
Psalm 119: 130
130 The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
Let’s take a few moment to learn our memory verse for this month by heart. It can be memorised in 2 lines:
Line 1: The entrance of thy words giveth light;
Line 2: It giveth understanding unto the simple.
Once you say it a few times it will stick.
Prayer focus: Our next level prayers:
Lord help me to put your word first in all that I do.
On the word: Recommended book
The Bible Study Methods – Rick Warren