The Word: Revelations 21: 5 (KJV)
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
18 Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. 19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
Think about it
CONCEPT OF THE NEW
Still on Vision, Planning, Strategies, goals
We said the Agenda of God for us this year includes:
– Newness, Restructuring, Taking a step back to jump forward, Taking away all reproach…..
Let’s talk briefly on the concept of newness:
A new thing is:
– Something not existing before
– Something not previously used or owned
– Something just produced or discovered.
God’s manner of working is to announce ahead, what he plans to do. And for him to take us to this next level or next chapter in our lives, there is a need for new things (plural – more than one). Atimes when 2 children are quarrelling over a little piece of food or toy. As a parent we sometimes may say to the elder one or one of them: ‘Leave it for your brother or sister. I will give you a new one’ Then we go and bring a brand new toy or bread and give it out.
Well, God is saying thesame to you: Don’t be too focused on the past now. I am doing and already started doing a new thing in your life.
When does God do a new thing?
– God will many times do a new thing when we are due for something new. So what we have is getting old and worn out. Just like we change our children clothes as they get old
– God will many times do a new thing as a replacement for an old one that was forcefully taken away from us just like the illustration above
– God will many times do a new thing because it’s the season for new things. Atimes we buy a lot of new things around Xmas. So it was prompted by the season
– God will many times do a new thing because he feels we qualify for it. When our children have been good. We sometimes reward them by buying them new stuffs
– God will many times do a new thing because in his prerogative and sovereignty, he just decided to change things around. It may not be because it’s Xmas, or because the existing things are worn out or old, it may not even be that children have been well behaved. Yet we just chose to buy new things into the house because we chose to.
In 2018. God will be doing many NEW things in your life. You will not miss them IJN
Every time we fast and pray like we are doing now…. expect new things
Our memory verse for January 2018
Habakkuk 2: 2
2 And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.
Let’s take a few moment to learn our memory verse for this month by heart. It can be memorised in 2 lines:
Line 1: And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision,
Line 2: and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.
Once you say it a few times it will stick.
Prayer focus: Our prayers for the next level project:
Lord we thank you for new things that you are planning and have started….
Masterlife Workbook: The Church is embarking on weeks of discipleship workbook study: Masterlife now on the 2nd workbook: The Disciple’s personality