Job 14: 14
The Word: Job 14: 14 (KJV)
14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.:
Job 14: 7 -9 (KJV)
7 For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease. 8 Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground; 9 Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant.
Think about it
SEASON OF CHANGE?
What is change? Simply put:
– It is to do something different.
– It is a departure from the status quo.
– It is something new
– It is to take a different direction
We all desire a positive change in our lives. But when the change seems like it’s taking forever, we may silently give up hope:
– Ask Zechariah who was serving God faithfully with his wife Elizabeth but there were no children
– Ask the children of Israel when they were in slavery in Egypt. They waited 30 more years than God told Abraham
– Ask Joseph: From his father’s house to slavery, to Potiphar’s house and to the prison – Approx 13yrs of learning
– Ask Abraham: After waiting for several years he had Ishmael and when God spoke about Isaac, He told God that he was happy with Ishmael.
When change is taking a while to come it can be frustrating, It can almost be depressing unless we are feeding on God’s word. But for all those mentioned above their change eventually did come. And when it came, it was unannounced, just like every other day, nothing different but the testimony they had been waiting for suddenly, quietly appeared. This time of waiting on God. Is it the season of change you have been waiting for? Well your answer is in our text today:
Job 14: 14b – all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.:
I believe this is your appointed time…. I believe this is your time for the delivery of that change…..
DAY 19: SEASON OF CHANGE?
LET US PRAY
• Thank God for another opportunity to pray
• Father please change my story from good to better and from better to best.
• Father please blow the wind of change for greater height to my direction
• Father please as you changed David from an ordinary shepherd boy into a king please remember me in my low state and lift me up
• Father please go to the foundation of my life and change every correct every foundation
• Father you can change a man completely, take away every character/habit that wants to lead me to hell
• Father please let me never experience dryness again in life.
The book recommended for prayer and fasting – Marilyn Hickey (is very, very good. You can see synopsis / pages on Amazon. Not expensive. Brief and direct and gives you biblical reasons to fast and pray, the benefits, the health implications, different kinds of fasting and how you can develop a consistent fasting life. Hugely recommended for everyone)
Prayer focus: Let my change finally come O Lord IJN
On Prayer: The power of prayer and fasting – 21 days that can change your life – Marilyn Hickey
Masterlife Workbook: The Church is embarking on weeks of discipleship workbook study starting with the Masterlife: Disciple’s cross.