Genesis 1: 1 – 3
The Word: Genesis 1: 1 – 3 (KJV)
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
Isaiah 60: 1 -2 (KJV)
1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee. 2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
Think about it
LET THERE BE LIGHT
The opposite of darkness is light.
Darkness is undesirable and unpleasant not only because there is no visibility but because it can stand for certain negative things. Darkness can represent gloom, secrecy, evil or terror.
Darkness is the absence of Light. Without a shadow of doubt the presence of light is good. In Gen 1:4 God saw the light he created and said it was good. So light is a good thing. When there is physical darkness, movement is hindered because one cannot see properly. When there is spiritual darkness there will be lack of direction, demonic activities will be rife, sicknesses, affliction, oppression, poverty will be rife. Today we shall be asking for the light of God in our homes.
DAY 14: LET THERE BE LIGHT. GEN 1:3
LET US PRAY
• Thank God for another opportunity to pray
• Thank God because He is the beginning
• Father as you spoke in the beginning, speak light into my family
• Father please let my children and all other members of family forever remain in your light
• Father please always shine your light in all areas of my life.
• Lord let your light shine and let my spiritual eyes open
• Father don’t let me see darkness again in life
• Father because inside you is life and the life is my light. Let me always be full of your life
• Father like you spoke light upon the face of the deep. Let the darkness in around me disappear
• As from today I shall forever and ever remain in your light o Lord.
The book recommended for prayer and fasting – Marilyn Hickey (is very, very good. You can see synopsis / pages on Amazon. Not expensive. Brief and direct and gives you biblical reasons to fast and pray, the benefits, the health implications, different kinds of fasting and how you can develop a consistent fasting life. Hugely recommended for everyone)
Prayer focus: Let there be light in every aspect of our lives IJN
On Prayer: The power of prayer and fasting – 21 days that can change your life – Marilyn Hickey
Masterlife Workbook: The Church is embarking on weeks of discipleship workbook study starting with the Masterlife: Disciple’s cross.