Matthew 14: 23
The Word: Matthew 14: 23 (KJV)
23 And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.
Mark 1: 35 (KJV)
35 And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.
Think about it
KEYS TO AN EFFECTIVE QUIET TIME
Quick recap of the memory verses we have learnt through the masterlife already:
Luke 9: 23
– If any man will come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me
John 15: 5
I am the vine, you are the branches, he that abides in me and I in him, thesame brigeth forth much fruit for without me, you can do nothing
John 8: 31-32
Jesus said unto the disciples that believed in him, if you continue in my word, then you are my disciples indeed and you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.
We are definitely trying to put the word in our head from where it will then settle in our hearts.
How do you get the best out of your quiet time? What is the secret of growth?
These questions are similar to asking: What makes a baby grow physically?
You need to find out what works for you. But below are tested secrets / keys:
1 Regular time: Having a regular time is the first key to an effective quiet time. Have a standard time. It may seem rigid, but that structure will ensure more of a consistent development
2. Quiet Place: You need somewhere where you can be focused without distraction
3. A procedure to follow: Again this may seem regimented but it will ensure you are not bored and you keep growing. Some of the procedure are:
– Some time on general worship
– Some time on your daily devotion / open heavens / masterlife or whatever study you use
– Some time reading the bible
– Some time writing down what you are learning and instructions you are getting.
(A pen and paper is needed for quiet time as you will be getting instructions and directions)
– Some time on memorising the word
– Some time to pray on what you studied
– Some time to pray regarding your day and general petition
What makes a baby to grow? Mostly a balanced diet.
When there is a balanced diet, your growth will be systematic in God’s grace…
Prayer focus: Lord thank you for grace. Help me to be effective in my quiet time IJN
Book of the month: The Church is embarking on weeks of discipleship workbook study starting with the Masterlife: Disciple’s cross.
On Grace: If not for the Grace of God by Joyce Meyer recommended.