The Word: Ecclesiastes 3: 1 – 3 (KJV)
1 There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the heavens: 2 a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, 3 a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build,
Dig Deeper: Ecclesiastes 3: 4 – 7(KJV)
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, 5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, 6 a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, 8 a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.
Think about it
GRACE TO BE EFFECTIVE
I believe one of the hallmarks of successful people is becoming effective in getting the best out of their time, their day, their week and their season. Becoming time effective is an ability, a skill that can be developed. It can be difference between great achievement and being average in life. It can be the difference between success and failure. Let’s look at some of the things we need for this effectiveness:
– Planning, planning, planning. We need to plan ahead of time. That can not be over emphasised.
– We need to have a time program for our plans. Doing the right thing at the right time is what gives us the desired reward.
– We need to prioritise. Effective people always have to prioritise. We need to develop to understand what is of the utmost importance and not waste energy on something which is not important.
– We need to be able to snap opportunity and not lose opportunities
– We need to spiritually, physically and mentally sensitive to our season.
– We need to be prayerful over our plans.
Being effective is required for good success
Our memory verse for May 2018
Ecclesaistes 3: 1
1. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Let’s take a few moment to learn our memory verse for this month by heart. It can be memorised in 2 lines:
Line 1: To every thing there is a season,
Line 2: and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Once you say it a few times it will stick.
Prayer focus: Our next level prayers:
Lord, help me to become effective in my time management
On the word: Recommended book
The Bible Study Methods – Rick Warren